|Home | Products | Technical Data | R & D | Location | Order Form | Contact Us|
|Products Sic CVD Coating Precision Machining Silicon Carbide Coating Tantalum Carbide Coating||
Silicon Carbide Coated Susceptors for CMOS & MOCVD
Susceptors for gas phase deposition are machined from our semiconductor purity graphite then coated with SiC using our CVD process to the customer’s specifications. The graphite substrate has been specifically chosen for the best CTE match between graphite to SiC. Thickness generally ranges from 75 to 100microns. We specialize in the pancake type susceptor but have enhanced our capabilities to produce most common susceptors. We also provide custom designed products to meet your specialized needs.
Precision Graphite Machining
Bay Carbon has a complete modern machining facilities specializing in precision machining of high purity graphite. Normal machine tolerances are +/- 75 microns, for special application +/- 5 microns can be achieved and certified by CMM. Our ability to quickly turnaround your graphite needs for design to final product will give your company the advantage in bringing your product to market.
Our line of laboratory graphite includes DC/Arc electrodes use in the analysis of high purity copper, modern ceramics and a host of other modern materials. The grades of graphite we use for the Arc electrodes are chosen for uniform electrical conductivity and uniform structure for greater reproducibility of your analysis. We produce all our electrodes to ASTM E 130 “Standard Practice for Designation of Shapes and Sizes of Graphite Electrodes”. We have the capability to manufacture custom designs to customers mechanical and purity requirements.
Our laboratory graphite crucible products come in both low and high purity grades. These are used for fusions and melting high purity copper. We have standard sizes from 10ml to 40ml and can produce custom sizes to your requirements.
Our SP-1 line of high purity graphite powders is use for the creation of conductive samples for analysis. Our SP-2 line of high purity graphite powders is used as a buffer for volatile samples.
Bay Carbon’s CVP purification process is unparallel in the industry today. We have three levels of purification to suite all industrial and semiconductor needs. We also offer our purification as a service. We have our own in house laboratory for quick turnaround.
1. High purity - 20 ppm or less *
2. CVP purity - 5 ppm or less (No more than 2 elements may be present. No single element may exceed 1 ppm) *
3. Semiconductor purity - 0.05 ppm or less. **
* Purity testing is performed on an ATOMCOMP 2000 Dual Slit High Resolution DC Arc Spectrometer using a cathode-enriched layer excited by 12.1 amps. D.C. current. The CID (charge injection Device) detector is a single solid-state chip with over 250,000 light-sensitive detector elements (pixels), providing continuous wavelength coverage from 190 to 800 nm. In this method a stallwood jet is used. This apparatus surrounds the electrode with inert gas in order to stabilize the arc and to reduce CN (cyanogens) banding.
**Glow-Discharge Mass Spectrometry (GDMS). Full periodic table coverage (except H) Allow 7 - 10 business days for testing results.
GENERAL PURIFICATION FURNACE SIZES. (Heat Zone)
1. 15" dia. x 38" long. 3.89 cu ft
2. 16" dia. x 50" long. 5.82 cu ft
3. 30" dia. x 45" long. 18.41 cu ft
4. 30" dia. x 59" long. 24.13 cu ft
5. 40" dia. x 68" long. 49.45 cu ft
6. 40" dia. x 84" long. 61.09 cu ft
7. 64" x 34" x 67" long. 84.37 cu ft